Summer is the season of the heart. This is the time to harness the sun and I can think of no better way to receive sun energy than with the delicious, delectable mango.
Mangoes grow naturally only in the summer season and in some parts of the world is considered the “king of fruits”. In the Hindu Vedas, mango is considered the food of gods. When we see something that only grows in one season or climate, it’s typical that the nutrients found in this plant will support you and your body within the same climate. Mango is the perfect example and it’s no wonder it protects the exact parts of you that need some summer love: your skin, your eyes and your heart.
- Vitamin A + E are great for keeping the eyes and skin protected from the sun so you have bright eyes to see, and a clear complexion that can withstand all of the summer joy!
- Digestive enzymes help to break down proteins, fiber helps to keep you regular and alkaline so you feel energized and active all season.
- We know that nourishing the heart is key to enhancing health during the summer, so of course the nutrients found in mango help to minimize the development of cardiovascular disease.
- Vitamin E has a surprising secret benefit: it boosts sex drive and regulates sex hormones. Enjoy all of the summer love with these golden fruits.
Enjoy your mango in the morning (wink,wink!) with this tasty smoothie bowl full of sun-filled mango, strawberries and avocado. This is a creamy and satisfying breakfast that fills you for the summer day ahead!
- ½ mango
- 5 strawberries
- ½ avocado
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 tablespoon hempseeds
- 1 tablespoon chia seeds
- 1 spoon of maca
- 1 spoon of moringa
- 2-3 cups of water
- Top with chia seeds, hempseeds and pumpkin seeds
- Add all ingredients to a blender and mix until smooth
- Top with chia seeds and remaining fruit