The deliciousness of these chocolate-caramel chews will surprise you so much that you’ll be grabbing for 3 more before you have even finished your first bite. And you may be ready to eat the whole pan when you learn they’re made up of only five ingredients and zero processed sugar.
Sunflower seeds, dates, raw cacao, carob chips, sea salt.
I’ll keep this recipe sweet and simple because these caramel sea salt chews speak for themselves.
- 1 and ½ cups raw sunflower seeds
- 1 and ½ cups date paste
- ½ cup carob chips
- 2 tablespoons raw cacao
- 1 teaspoon Himalayan sea salt
- 1 teaspoon sea salt crystals
- In a blender combine sunflower seeds, Himalayan sea salt, and date paste until blended into a thick dough - about 5-10 minutes
- While blending, cover an 8x8" baking dish with parchment paper
- Once blended, press the mixture firmly into the baking dish and pop into the freezer while the chocolate is cooking
- Meanwhile, heat cacao and carob chips over medium heat in a double boiler saucepan until melted
- Remove the pan from the freezer. Using a small knife, cut out the edges of the pan and create small squares to separate later
- Use a spoon to pour chocolate over each caramel square using the back of the spoon to smooth it out
- Place in the freezer for 20 minutes to harden the chocolate
- Once ready to serve, sprinkle with salt crystals
- Store uneaten caramels in the refrigerator