Every single day is a gift. Celebrate today with a little fudge – made delicious without artificial sugar or a ton of time.
This is a quick recipe for dark chocolate fudge you can gift to all of your lovers. This decadent dark fudge is packed with the chocolate flavor of cacao and is topped with a chocolate infused berry compote, which adds an extra element of satisfying sweet that will ignite the romance within.
Enjoy in less than 30 minutes. This is the perfect recipe to share for Valentine’s Day or anytime you’re craving deep dark chocolate.
- ½ cup date paste
- ¾ cup raw cacao + 2 tablespoons for berry topping
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil + 2 teaspoons for berry topping
- ½ cup hempseeds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 + ½ tablespoons maca
- ¼ cup berries (for berry topping)
- 1 tablespoon of water (for berry topping)
- Place a layer of parchment paper in a glass baking dish
- Combine cacao, coconut, maca, hempseeds, salt, and date paste in a food processor and blend on medium for 2-3 minutes until combined into a thick, sticky paste
- Remove from the food processor and spread into the bottom of the baking dish, pressing down until it is about 1-inch thick
- Place in the freezer while you prepare the berry topping
- To create the berry topping, heat 2 tablespoons cacao, berries, 2 teaspoons coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of water in a double boiler, stirring until melted and berries broken down (About 5 minutes)
- Remove from heat
- Remove fudge from the freezer, pour berry topping over the fudge layer and return to the freezer for 20 minutes
- Remove fudge from the freezer a final time, take parchment paper out of the pan and cut into squares
- Store in the refrigerator