It’s that time of year again – the time of hearty, cozy feasts with plates full of deliciously sweet side dishes. One of my favorite side dishes is green beans. They’re nutritious, low in calories and easy to pair well with almost anything.
Green beans benefit your cardiovascular system and your colon, decreasing the risk of heart disease and colon cancer. The high fiber content benefits your digestive system and in each bite you will find vitamins A, C, K, B6 and folic acid + calcium, silicon, iron, manganese, potassium, and copper.
This recipe takes a sweet approach and combines green beans with sweet peppers, ginger, and pomegranate seeds. A deliciously colorful side that blends a number of different tastes to create something unique that pairs well with everything else on your plate. The best part? There are less than 8 ingredients and it’s done in 30 minutes.
If you try this dish, take a picture and share it so I can see!
- 3 cups green beans, ends removed (about 1 lb)
- ½ cup bell peppers, but into small pieces (red and orange)
- ⅓ cup pomegranate seeds
- 1 tablespoon ginger, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- In a rectangular banking dish combine all ingredients and mix until olive oil, ginger, garlic and salt until dispersed evenly
- Cook for 25-30 minutes until green beans are soft