Our one-on-one yoga sessions are tailored to the needs, goals and desires of you as an individual. I have taught private yoga full time since 2013, serving clients worldwide to be more mobile, strong and calm. As your private yoga teacher and wellness consultant, I will design a practice that is specialized, complete, supportive and fulfilling to you.
We will work great together if…
You are ready to experience the benefits of yoga and are looking for a solution that works for you and your busy life. You are ready to experience positive change quickly, deepen your existing yoga practice, heal from prior injuries or alleviate stiff joints. You seek better sleep, greater peace of mind and more calm in your work, life and self.
Private yoga gives all of the benefits of yoga and meditation tailored to your unique needs and goals. It’s private and personalized. You receive focused attention to reach your physical goals, decrease discomfort in specific areas of your body and gain strength, flexibility and the many tangible benefits of yoga at a faster rate.
Each session is different and designed to meet you where you are that day, based on your needs, goals and abilities. In some private yoga sessions you will learn techniques to rest deeply, calm your nervous system, and release tension from your body. Some sessions will include exercises for you to do to build strength or balance your other movement activities. In others, we will practice a traditional yoga practice.
- Learn techniques to rest deeply, calm your nervous system and release tension from your body.
- Improve your performance beyond yoga, build strength and mobility.
- Explore traditional poses and build a yoga practice tailored to you.
You will leave every session feeling calm, restored, stronger and more mentally clear so that you can take on your life with ease.
Our sessions draw influence from the following styles:
- Vinyasa and Power Yoga (active, warming and strength building)
- Yin and Restorative Yoga (slow, meditative with the use of props)
- Adaptive and Therapeutic Yoga (for injuries and disabilities)
- Yoga Nidra and Meditation (for mental clarity, restoration and healing)
- Kundalini Yoga and Meditation (for increasing energy and strengthening the nervous system)
- Yoga and Buddhist Philosophy (for expanding perspective and understanding)
We might be perfect for each other if:
- You are prevented from moving freely or from participating in activities you love
- You know that you can improve your focus and reduce stress
- You want to experience the benefits of yoga without going to a studio or practicing with a large group
- You are looking for a teacher who listens to exactly what you need and want and creates a highly-customized yoga experience that leaves you feeling fantastic.
My extensive experience with individual clients includes work with busy people looking for a mind-body workout as well as those looking to experience more focus, strength, energy, and relaxation in their life.
Therapeutically, I have specialized and worked closely with clients healing from spine and pelvic injuries and imbalances, stroke, sciatica, preparing and recovering from labrum tears and hip replacement, torn rotator cuff, broken bones, hernieated discs, digestive issues, obesity, drug addiction, grief, and moderate to extreme emotional trauma and stress.
Why private yoga?
- Get the one-on-one attention you want on your schedule and on your turf. (your home, gym, office, roof – really, anywhere you want to roll out your mat).
- Focus on building strength or flexibility to alleviate chronic pain, heal injury or reach physical goals.
- Learn alignment, poses and breathing at your own pace.
- Receive hands on adjustments + assists you may not receive in crowded public classes.
I currently teach private yoga full time in Los Angeles in the following areas
- Westside: Venice, Marina Del Rey, Santa Monica, Mar Vista, Playa Vista, Playa Del Rey, Westchester, Culver City
- Central: Mid-City, Beverly Hills, Bel Air
- Coastal: Malibu, Pacific Palisades
- Eastside: Echo Park, Silverlake, DTLA
“She is the real deal.” – Donna, Los Angeles
” I’ve taken yoga with Julien for at least three years now. She was one of my favorites from day one. Her classes were lovely; they flowed and had challenge without being obnoxiously difficult. What I liked best though were the little corrections she gave me. They were always easy to understand and dead on functional; like whispered advice from a favorite Aunt at the family Christmas party. When my practice began to take off I overdid it on my middle-aged body and of course my lower back began giving me trouble. I hired her to give me a private lesson. I figured one or two sessions and we could find a way for me to keep practicing without exacerbating my back trouble. It worked. I wound up taking private lessons from her, once a week, for about two months straight. Her personalized fine tuning rebuilt my practice from the ground up and it was like a whole new level of yoga was opened up to me. Sometimes in class I can still hear her voice in my head reminding me to push my hip this way, rotate my front foot that way, etc., etc., etc. After that she started teaching me Yoga Nidra. But that’s a story for another time……. ” – John, Los Angeles
“Yoga has been a daily ritual in my life for about 3 years when I began working privately with her.
In my private sessions with Julien we were able to reteach my body and mind to enter and hold each pose with ease and arrive there through a proper transition that was a healing release and strengthening practice all around.
Julien really listens and takes her work to heart. She is there every moment observing and listening. She doesn’t miss a beat or a word. She carries her students with her wherever she goes and continually shares her ever-evolving plethora of love and knowledge through nutrition and movement.
The combination of body movement and awareness improved my life tremendously. This lovely person adds a big slice of health and empowerment to my practice.” – Jessica, LA